Traineeship Description :
This position reports to the Unit Supervisor and the kitchen team lead is the professional in charge of overseeing individual workers to guarantee that work is being completed as efficiently as possible.
They create schedules, encourage safe work habits, and evaluate company tasks.
Specific Responsibilities :
Trainee to be involved in :
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and be accountable for the conduct of the business
2. Ensure that the kitchen SOP are maintained
3. Manage inventory, ordering, COGs, waste, and labour to key overhead costs in line
4. Work with R&D Chef / Operational leadership to implement, refine and share feedback on brands and processes in the unit
5. Oversee SFA requirements and ensure compliance by the team and the unit
6. Participate in day-to-day operations to ensure work-flow efficiency, and ensure full engagement on all brand operations
7. Be responsible for all KPIs and daily / weekly / monthly reporting, and engage / assist leadership in goal setting (personal and team targets) and continuous improvement processes
8. Ensure hygiene of food preparation and the premises.
9. Train new employees in routine responsibilities using various instructional methods and conduct new training classes for existing employees when needed.
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme :
1. Gain experience with day-to-day operations.
2. Gain experience with Kitchen Standard Operating Procedures
3. Active participation in inventory, ordering, COGs, waste, and labour to key overhead costs in line
4. Getting exposure with new employees in routine responsibilities using various instructional methods and conduct new training classes for existing employees when needed
5. Active participation in the operations process
Highest Qualification :
Duration of Traineeship : 12 months
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnitedTraineeships :
a.Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.
g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
b.Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.