VMware VDI Support Engineer - VMware, Horizon VDI, first-level support, monitoring and project work. Providing specialist Horizon support and project work for a VMware VDI solution serving 1000's of remote users.
1. User experience monitoring and first-level support to VDI users.
2. Identifies issues proactively using required tools for all components related to VDI.
3. Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Getting involved in upgrade projects and improvements to the VDI system.
Job Duties & responsibilities
1. Establish and maintain service levels, monitor vSphere and Horizon View infrastructure, and manage vSphere alarms.
2. Troubleshoot and resolve vSphere and Horizon View issues related to VM availability, Horizon View connectivity etc.
3. Maintaining VDI golden images, installing client applications.
4. Perform day-to-day VDI administration tasks including maintenance hotfixes, patches, upgrades and security configurations.
5. Assess virtual machine and VDI risks and perform contingency planning.
Ideal applicants should be used to dealing with escalated issues but may or may not have been focused solely on VDI support.
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a broad IT support background, covering servers, a bit of networking and an understanding of desktop support.
I'm particularly interested in experience of the following :