Taking direction from the QA Lead and Production teams, the QA Assistant will work closely with all departments to ensure they meet their goals and that the QA team is kept updated on developments.
Testing both the game and supporting tools you will have a good eye for detail to spot issues, posses the skills to investigate them and then clearly report via verbal and written bug reports.
Finding bugs and potential exploits in the game and reporting them
- Play the game to flag relevant bugs and seek possible exploits in the game (i.e. Exploratory and Destructive Testing)
- Follow up on issues when they are fixed to perform regression checks
Following test cases and performing routine tests
- Follow test cases defined by the Dev Test QA teams to ensure features work as per designed
- Ensure smoke tests and other routine checks requested by the Dev Team are performed
- Routine Tests includes: Smoke Tests, Playability, Performance and Divergence tests
- Test Cases are followed for Full Functionality tests
Participate in any additional ad-hoc testing or team activities
- To support the Dev Test team with additional manpower in test activities required in a multi-player game as required
Creating and sending test reports upon completion of test activities
On completion of tasks, to ensure reports sent to the stakeholders have sufficient depth in information, well organized and findings are relevant and clearly represented
Following up on issues with the team to ensure that they are fixed
Perform regular regressions in the bug base to ensure issues are regularly checked to maintain a clean bug base
Documentation of knowledge and processes
Create written documentations of knowledge and processes so as to ensure knowledge is codified, retained and communicated to multiple test teams
Maintaining equipment and machines at the test bay
- Ensure that equipment used for tests are maintained in optimal condition to facilitate efficient testing activities
- Create or maintain.bat scripts and programmes that automates processes required for testing
- Work with various parties (Tools team) to ensure that tools are being made to improve the efficiency in test processes
- Able to write clear and concise bug,test reports
- Able to execute Test or task requests and provide test results in a timely manner
- Can effectively collaborate with his peers
- Has a positive and can do attitude
- Able to adapt to new tasks, request or situation
- Reacts positively to criticism, learns from mistakes
- Shows eagerness to learn and glimpses of pro activeness
- Able to provide local technical support to play sessions/demo with guidance from senior QA or dev
- Find ways to motivate yourself while testing and unscripted ways to test the game
- Knows and can utilize the basics of using Testing tools (Consoles, PS4 Neighborhood, XB1 Manager etc…)
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting and isolation
Candidates who are available for a 6-months contract employment on an immediate basis will be preferred.
Apart from a competitive competitive salary package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume!