Traineeship Description :
This position will be posted to the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) Asia Pacific Program, jointly administered by ASTM International and NAMIC.
He / she reports to the Head of Additive Manufacturing Programs, APAC, to support various AM activities. The trainee is to demonstrate responsibility and taking up ownership for studying and identifying industry’s AM needs as well as opportunities and mapping them to existing programs or initiate new programs to address gaps.
This position may require traveling (10%) as part of the traineeship program and offers excellent opportunities for international exposure as the scope and work of the traineeship extend beyond Singapore.
Specific Responsibilities :
The responsibilities include but not limited to :
1. Support management and coordination of ASTM AM CoE R&D projects that are standards related.
2. Support the development and execution of different Additive Manufacturing program offerings (collaborate with organizations and explore training opportunities).
3. Prepare communication contents for presentation.
4. Support the development of proficiency testing programs to help organizations satisfy accreditation requirements using established and published international standards.
5. Support conducting landscape analysis of specific topics and identify gaps and needs.
6. Engage with stakeholders and derive unique value / benefits to individual organizations and support the implementation of proficiency programs.
1. Gain capabilities in conducting technology landscape analysis.
2. Gain experience in R&D project management and coordination.
3. Develop skillsets in supporting the development and planning of training programs such as workshop, webinars and seminars.
4. Utilise and gain experience in project management and team collaboration tools.
5. Gain learning and experiencing opportunities to be adaptable and in a fast-moving environment.
6. Gain skillsets and experience in engaging colleagues and stakeholders professionally as well as the art of interfacing with different parties and organizations.
7. Learn the approach in identifying benefits that are of value to stakeholders.
Education Qualifications Required for the Traineeship Role :
Duration of Traineeship Offered :
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnited Traineeships :
a. Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.
g. private universitities and overseas institutions); or
b. Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.