The Systems Analyst a.k.a. Application Production Support Level 2 Engineer is part of a team responsible to provide successful implementation and management of Visa services (applications under Visa Information Management (Commercial Cards)) in the test and production environments. Ensuring the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and providing the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
This is a professional level position and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. You will be expected to interact with Systems, Database personnel, Engineering, Product Development, Clients, Risk and various groups within Technology. Strong Linux/Unix capabilities, communication and analytical skills are very important to find success in this role.
Responsible for providing 24X7 Application Support across multiple visa applications.
Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running.
Responsible for evaluating the Issues reported by Visa clients and members and providing ongoing solutions
Responsible for managing the performance and tuning of several Visa applications
Will be responsible for managing the service and ticket SLAs and managing the workflow to achieve the SLAs.Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security and availability of several applications based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Assist in change management processes and improve the efficiency and help standardize current processes.
Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and work with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues.
You will work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues.
Participate in Service Improvement meetings after an application outage.
Respond to general inquiries, and provide assistance as required in analyzing the trends and suggesting long-term and short-term improvements.
Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within defined guidelines and meet operational level agreements.
Implement change requests and meet project deliverables.
You achieve and understand Service Level commitments.
Ability to work after hours including weekends and night when required.
You provide automation solutions of manual repetitive tasks.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in working with Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM-IHS web server and LDAP.
- Experience on Redhat version of Kubernetes, Docker and Openshift.
- Basic level knowledge on Akamai, Active-Active setup Application
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies.
- Experience in working with Db2 UDB and Oracle DB’s, DML/DDL SQLs and Stored PROCs
- Intermediate knowledge on Cloud and VM ware infrastructure.
- Intermediate knowledge on Load Balancer, TCP layer architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Ansible and YAML scripting.
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- Knowledge of Block Chain functionality to support Kafka, Zookeeper.
- Experience in HyperLedger (IBM) to handle ledgers block chain and support Couch DB.
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous.
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred.
Working experience with monitoring tools like SPLUNK or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.