Exposure in deploying, managing and maintaining large enterprise virtualization technologies including Cloud, KVM, Docker containers, OpenStack (HOS).
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required
- Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
- Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and interface with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
- Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
Exposure converged hardware including Cisco UCS, HP and Hitachi HDS.
Proficient in troubleshooting storage related issues as it relates to EMC/Hitachi HDS storage arrays, extending to the basic support knowledge of Brocade storage switch technologies.
Must have Strong Knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations.
Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines
Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice
Ability to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Position will require shift based work hours.
- Provide automation solutions of manual tasks performed by infrastructure support.
- Will work closely with areas across Visa including, Operations, Engineering, Service Product office, and Global Open System Development Lines.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring team meets all SLA's and team objectives.
- Managing large heterogeneous infrastructure involving Linux, AIX
- Lead and participate in the determination of root causes for service failure and support escalation, using knowledge and experience of VMWare ESX vSphere, UCS, Server, Blade technology (Cisco/HP/Dell), IBM VIO, Linux & AIX
Must have 5+ Years of Unix Systems Administration experience in relevant technologies
Exposure in Virtualization technologies such as Docker, KVM, Containers, OpenStack
Experience supporting shared infrastructure i.e. HP blade server / Cisco Blade (UCS) / Dell Blade (UCS) Infrastructure (Dell, HP, VMWare), IBM Power Systems
Strength in scripting against UNIX/Linux/VMWare/Docker: Shell, Python, Perl & Power CLI. BAO automation experience is highly recommended
Experience in storage technologies is required
Experience in supporting virtualization technologies such as VMWare ESX, IBM VIO
Experience in supporting cluster technologies such as GPFS
Experience working in large, complex, enterprise datacenter environments
Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of Unix Infrastructure
Excellent verbal, written, skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
Strong understanding of process orientation ( ITIL), understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
Individual should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
Strong project, organizational, presentation, and writing skills
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects
Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment, requiring shift support
Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize, and manage situations to satisfactory completion
Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is preferred