The Production Assistant Supervisor is responsible for leading day to day operations of a manufacturing location / area to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently.
1. Actively participates in the site’s safety and quality management programs.
2. Ensure all manufacturing processes are adhering to all Regulatory and Statutory Requirement.
3. Work with HR Department and assure that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
4. Participates and practices Lean Manufacturing practices to include Six Sigma, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
5. Prepares and reviews any and all production, safety and quality reports. Develops action plans with team members as needed for problem resolution.
6. Establishes and implements improvements for cost reduction, quality assurance and production.
7. Directs and assists with developmental or experimental activities.
8. Works with employees to get their input for problem resolution to production issues / efficiencies utilizing problem-solving tools and skills as needed.
9. Reviewing Key Performance Indicators (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track to meet overall departmental objectives.
10. Meets with Planning team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed. Works with supervision to ensure vacancies are covered for vacations or any absences related to fulfilling production schedule requirements.
11. Interfaces with customers and suppliers, Visits both as necessary.
12. Plan, arrange, supervise and monitoring of adequate manpower & resources for daily production through proper allocation of qualified manpower & appropriate resources at every work station.
13. Implements proactive and corrective maintenance practices relating all production equipment. This includes scheduling any production line maintenance (major or minor) as needed for location.
14. Develops and ensures sites have an effective preventative maintenance program and they are adhering to it.
15. Ensures lines are meeting the cycle time requirements to meet throughput objectives.
16. Ensures employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs to include safety, quality and production.
17. Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to attain operational objectives.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. At least GCE O Level, Higher Nitec or equivalent.
2. Technical qualification will be added advantage.
3. Minimum 3 years working experience in manufacturing environment.
4. Knowledge in management and control of workforce.
5. Able to supervise and lead the subordinates.
6. Willing to work after working hour or during non-working days.
7. Knowledge in ISO is an advantage.
8. Report writing.
9. Able to plan and delegate.
10. Able to work under pressure.
11. ERP system knowledge is preferred (SAP, QAD, etc)
12. Computer literate is a must.
13. Short notice / immediate.
JOB TYPE : FULL TIME
5-DAY WEEK / MON-FRI / HRS
LOCATION : TUAS BAY DRIVE
MONTHLY BASIC SALARY plus MONTHLY ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE
DAILY MEAL ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
If interested, please send in your updated CV in word format