Dairy Farm is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group and is a leading pan-Asian retailer and operates across four broad formats : Food (including Supermarkets, Hypermarkets and Convenience stores), Health & Beauty, Home Furnishings, and Restaurants.
The Group has operations in 11 markets and operates multiple formats in most markets to satisfy different customer segments and trades under well recognised brands.
In Singapore, the Group operates Cold Storage, Marketplace, Jasons Deli, Giant, Guardian Health & Beauty and 7-Eleven.
At Dairy Farm, we strive to give our customers across Asia a store they TRUST, delivering QUALITY, SERVICE and VALUE. When it comes to retail skills, our team members are the envy of the industry.
We cultivate an organisational culture where team members can learn and grow by creating a workplace that attracts great people, builds capability, promotes talent and inspires excellence.
We are passionate about sharing our know-how and finding synergies across our businesses in Asia. Cooperation between store operations, supply chain & logistics, and store support centre is complemented by a culture which values sustainable results, teamwork and integrity.
At the heart of our cultural values is a strategic priority to build strong customer focus retail models in each of our businesses.
We also believe in giving back to and supporting the communities in which we live and work. At the Group level, we support community initiatives benefiting people suffering or recovering from mental illnesses and the promotion of mental health awareness in Hong Kong and Singapore.
At the country level, many of our businesses enthusiastically develop and support various local corporate social responsibility activities to promote sustainability and health & wellness in their communities.
We are pleased to participate in the SGUnited Traineeship Programme. Applicants who are offered traineeships with us on the SGUnited Traineeship Programme could potentially be offered permanent employment at the end of their traineeship, subject to good performance.
Traineeship Description :
This position reports Demand Planning Lead. Dairy Farm Singapore is committed to integrate the new hires to the working culture of ours that emphasises empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, and the recruitment and on-going development of a superior workplace
Specific Responsibilities :
Trainee to be involved in :
1. Deliver volume forecast, key forecast changes and Risks & Opportunities for the business
2. Accountability for the business volume forecast process
3. Drive action plans to improve forecast accuracy
4. Resolve Demand planning related and allocation
5. Understand and maintains demand planning master data in the system
6. Gather information from multi-functional resources; validate sales / marketing promotion plans
7. Gather sell in / sell out forecasts and inventory projects from suppliers to improve forecast accuracy
8. Review and adjust SKU level forecast in the system in weekly, monthly and quarterly and yearly buckets; Maintain phase in phase out forecast including product discontinuation
9. Make sure Risk & Opportunity is balanced as part of the Integrated Business Planning Process
10. Work with supply planning team, understand supply / stock constraints and incorporate in demand planning process
11. Facilitate promotion forecast process, review and finalize the forecast with commercial team
12. Conduct post promotion review of the left-over stocks and exit plan
13. Monitor the promotion in execution product readiness and stock positions
14. Measure and report demand planning KPIs at monthly frequency
15. New Promotion / Market Initiative / Events leader
16. Introduction of new products, new supply chain and new initiative forecast.
17. Work with commercial team with phase-in and phase-out strategy and define clearance plan with commercial team
18. Provide insights on safety stock factor adjustment based on the demand variability
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme :
1. Strong communication, collaboration, analytical and influencer
2. Ability to good relationships across functional and levels
3. Strategic business and operational planning capability’s
Polytechnic Diploma in Supply Chain Management
Duration of Traineeship / s :
Up to 12 months
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnitedTraineeships :
Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
a. Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.
b.Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.